- Today’s Outlook: Be Prepared!
- Safe Summer Fun with Your Pets
- East Village Fifth Graders Tackle Animal Welfare Challenges
- Domestic Violence Survivors with Pets Get New Pet Park at URI Residence
- March is Adopt a Guinea Pig Month!
- Thinking About Adopting a Rabbit? February is Adopt-a-Rabbit Month!
- Urban Birds vs. Big City Dangers: How We Can Help
Category Archives: Pet Adoption
Longtime Mayor’s Alliance for NYC’s Animals volunteer, Nick Kavanagh — a familiar face at many past Alliance events — is helping animal shelters and rescue groups gain greater traction from their Facebook outreach. Nick and his colleague, Alexa Millstein, work … Continue reading
If ever there was a time that demonstrates the unquestionable bond between humans and animals and the essential role animal companions play in our lives, now is that time. As the pandemic swept across the globe, bringing fear, uncertainty, and … Continue reading
Recently the Mayor’s Alliance for NYC’s Animals received a generous donation of dog food from a thoughtful donor looking to help animals during the coronavirus crisis. We reached out to Healthy Pets Project of NYC, an organization that helps NYC … Continue reading
Several weeks ago we published an article about Susanna Fitzgerald and her generous donation of handmade cage comforters to the Mayor’s Alliance for NYC’s Animals. No sooner had Susanna’s shipment arrived that Dr. Susan Whittred of The Patricia H. Ladew … Continue reading
Susanna Fitzgerald is making a difference for NYC’s homeless pets despite the upheavals caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. She recently wrote to the Mayor’s Alliance for NYC’s Animals about her plans to make cage comforters “during the current craziness. I … Continue reading