- Domestic Violence Survivors with Pets Get New Pet Park at URI Residence
- March is Adopt a Guinea Pig Month!
- Thinking About Adopting a Rabbit? February is Adopt-a-Rabbit Month!
- Urban Birds vs. Big City Dangers: How We Can Help
- Holiday Wishes from the Mayor’s Alliance
- Three Good Reasons to Adopt A Little New Yorker Today®!
- Global Cat Day 2021: Killing Cats is Not the Answer
Category Archives: Exotic Pets
If you’re thinking about adopting a guinea pig, here is want to consider about their care. Continue reading
Thanks to your support of our Wheels of Hope program, thousands of NYC’s homeless pets got out of the cage this year. The vast majority of the pets the Mayor’s Alliance for NYC’s Animals transports are cats and dogs, … Continue reading
by April Lang, LCSW For many people, there are few bonds in this world as strong as those between a human and non-human animal. There are myriad reasons we bring animals into our lives: to keep us from being lonely, … Continue reading
When most people think of an animal shelter, they envision a place with lots of meowing cats and barking dogs. But on any given day, you might also find a pot-bellied pig, a goat, a snake, a rabbit, a hedgehog, … Continue reading
by Denise Kelly, Avian Welfare Coalition Time flies! This January 5 marks the tenth anniversary of National Bird Day, a day of action aimed at raising awareness to the plight of captive birds. Coordinated by Born Free USA and … Continue reading